MA 5380 Topology
Topological Spaces, Basis for a topology, Subspace topology, Closed sets and Limit points, Nets and convengence, Continuous Functions and homeomorphisms, Product Topology, Quotient Topology.
Connected spaces, Components and Local Connectedness, Path connectedness, Compact spaces, Local compactness, Compactifications.
The Countability and Separation axioms, The Urysohn Lemma, The Urysohn Metrization Theorem, The Tietze Extension Theorem, Tychonoff Theorem.
1. J.R. Munkres, Topology, 2nd Ed., Pearson Education India, 2001.
2. K.D. Joshi, Introduction to General Topology, New Age International, New Delhi, 2000.
1. J.V. Deshpande, Introduction to Topology, Tata McGraw-Hill, 1988.
2. J. Dugundji, Topology, Allyn and Bacon, Inc. 1966.
3. J.L. Kelley, General Topology, Van Nostrand, , 1955.
4. M.G. Murdeswar, General Topology, New Age International, 1990.
5. G.F. Simmons, Introduction to Topology and modern Analysis International Student edition, 1963.
6. S. Willard, General Topology, Addison Wesley, Reading Mass., 1970.