MA5790 COMPUTER MODELLING AND SIMULATION
1. FEM Simulations: 1d/2d/3d Poisson Equation Solver, Convection-Diffusion Solver, Heat Equation Solver, Efficient solutions of the Wave Equation, Non-Linear Finite Element Problems.
2. Grid free Simulations: Simulating 2d/3d Boundary Value Problems, 2d incompressible/compressible Navier-Stokes equations, Free surface flow problems, Moving interface problems and moving boundary problems.
3. FVM Simulations: Fluid-Structure interaction problems, Flow through Porous media problems.
1. "Computational Partial Differential Equations", Hans Petter Langtangen, Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering 2, Springer, 1999.
2. "The Finite Element Method Using MATLAB", Young W.Kwon, Hyochoong Bang, CRC Press, 2000.
3. "Partial Differential Equations and the Finite Element Method", Pavel Solin, Wiley-Interscience, 2006.
4. "Numerical Approximation of Partial Differential Equations", Alfio Quarteroni and Alberto Valli, Springer Series in Computational Mathematics 23, 1994.
5. "Numerical Schemes for Conservation Laws", Dietmar Kroener, Wiley Teubner, 1997.
6. "Methods of Computer Modeling in Engineering & the Sciences: Volume I", Satya N. Atluri, Tech Science Press, 2005.